However, it is a fair amount of dishes to clean afterwards !
BzzAgent was running a campaign, offering vouchers for free and discounted items from the new Tesco Entertaining Cheeses.
I was very tempted to compare their soufflé to my own.
As cheese soufflés can be quite sweet, I made a quick green bean salad with balsamic dressing to add some sharpness to the dish.
You will find the entire range of Tesco's Entertaining Cheeses and another recipe in my previous post
Tesco Entertaining Cheeses
Ingredients for the salad (2 servings)- 160 - 200g green beans
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How do you make the salad ?
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c
2. If you are using fresh green beans, top and tail them
3. Cook the beans in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes or until just tender
4. Drain the beans and leave them to cool whilst you prepare the rest.
5. Peel and the chop the shallots as fine as you can
6. Remove the plastic lid and place the soufflés in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brown on the top
7. Make the vinaigrette : dilute a pinch of salt in the balsamic vinegar
8. Add the oil and beat with a fork
9. Add some cracked black pepper to the vinaigrette
10. Mix the beans and chopped shallots in bowl
11. Add the vinaigrette and mix well
12. Serve the soufflés with the beans
My thoughts on the soufflé :The taste was quite good. Less sweet than I had expected but I prefer home-made soufflés.
The texture was quite airy but closer to a "twice baked" soufflé.
They didn't raise as much as I had expected.
However, they make a good starter for a dinner party and save a lot of time and effort.
I will give them an overall note of 3.5 out of 5
Disclaimer: I was given a voucher to get a free-pack of soufflé by BzzAgent. The thoughts, opinions and recipe are my own. This post has not been sponsored by BzzAgent or Tesco.