I have dark and very thick body hair.
Tried the beauty salon for a wax before but the beauticians were puzzled by how strong my hair was. A nightmare to be honest !
I also tried cold wax before, eveN more useless for me !
BzzAgent was running a campaign to try the Veet Easy-wax for free.
Will this new device cut it for my challenge ?
What does Veet says ?Wax on, hair off
Waxing at home often sounds like a nightmare: trying to apply messy wax that’s too hot (or not hot enough) is enough to make any girl consider going au naturale. But don’t let your inner yeti out just yet — Veet®’s innovative EasyWax™ system features a one-of-a-kind device that plugs into the wall for consistent temperature and handy roll-on applicator for clean and even wax application. A dream come true for your legs, underarms or anywhere else that’s a little on the wild and woolly side.
What do I think ?
Big credits to Veet for this new cleaner and simpler system.
Simply roll a patch onto your legs, knee to ankle.
The wax should spread quite easily.
Judging by my first strip, I suspect I should have left it to heat for longer.
However, it is indeed very easy to spread
Take a strip and place it on top of the waxed patch, smooth over, leave it for a minute and pull
The smell:Thankfully, you do not get the nasty smell you get from depilating cream.
The smell is not attractive but nor is it repulsive, far from it.
The strip:Unfortunately the "fabric" strip seems to be made of a mix of paper and fabric,
This is one of the messy part : lint comes off and gets stuck all over the place
Neither am I sure there kit contains enough strips for the amount of wax.
The pain :Being a regular user of electric epilator, I didn't feel any pain at all.
I suppose this will be different from user to user. Are you used to waxing, do you have sensitive skin, … ?
The actual waxing :The notice tells you to pull ankle to knee but keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible rather than pulling diagonally.
Should you pull too far away from the skin, the hair will break rather than pull off.
Well, this was the big let down for me : see the amount of wax left after pulling (picture)
It did get cleaner after a few more application, so maybe this was only down to the wax being too cool still.
This probably removed 60 to 70% of my hair.
Since it is not recommended to wax the same patch twice, this leaves me to resort to my electric epilator or razor.
A lot of effort for very little results !
The wax did fare much better in this regard. My skin didn't look nor feel too irritated
Final verdict :I do not believe this system is good for strong, thick body hair.
A 40 minutes session to still end up using a razor or epilator seems very counter productive.
I love the fact it is less messy than other home-waxing systems but still sticky and hard work.
With a RRP of £30 and refills at £10 (up to 4 wax sessions per refill) this is great news if you are a waxing aficionado and want to cut out on salon cost.
For razor and epilator users, this works out VERY expensive
I personally will not buy another refill.
I may use up the ones I have now but this is the end of the road for me.
Not being certain whether the system is inappropriate for my hair type or simply not up to sractch; I will give it a rating of 3 out of 5
And give Veet big credits for coming up with a great convenient system.
If you wish to try it for yourself, you can get 50% off on Amazon with this code : EASYWAX4
It can be entered on Amazon.co.uk when you check out. There is a box called ‘Gift cards & promotional codes’ on the ‘Review Your Order’ page where you can enter the code.
Please ensure you add the “sold by Amazon” item to your basket to enjoy the discount. The code will not work with other listings.
- This promotional claim code expires on June 30, 2013 and is specific to a Veet® EasyWax™ Electrical Roll On Kit and can only be redeemed against this item while stocks last.
- This promotional claim code must be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk and cannot be redeemed at Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.jp or at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace or at any of Amazon.co.uk's Trusted Partner sites.
- The promotional claim code cannot be used to pay for Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates.
- The promotional claim code has no cash redemption value and is not transferable or assignable.
- If the order exceeds the amount of the promotional claim code, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- Please use the Shopping Basket rather than 1-Click ordering method when paying for an order with the promotional claim code.
- Normal Amazon.co.uk terms and conditions of purchase and for using the Amazon.co.uk website apply.
- This promotional claim code may not be used along with any other and is limited to one Veet® EasyWax™ Electrical Roll On Kit per basket per customer.
Alternatively, it is currently on promotion at Superdrug and several other stores
Disclaimer : I was sent a free-kit to try out by Bzz Agent. This review is my own opinion and has not been influenced by BzzAgent or Veet, nor has it been sponsored.