I am thrilled to announce this was my winning entry in a Quark recipe competition.
A fab dinner party starter. Lay them on a bed of salad and enjoy.
Easy to make and more importantly, really quick !
I have replaced the cream with Quark, which is higher in protein and virtually fat free.
Do bear in mind the mushrooms are also stuffed with blue cheese, so not that low-cal ;-)
Here is the recipe:
Servings : 4 to 2 people (Starter or side-dish)
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What do I need ?
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 100g of gorgonzola, Dolcelatte, roquefort or St Agur blue cheese
- 4 tbsp Quark
- 40g freshly grated parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
What do I do ?
1. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat
2. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and chop them finely. With a knife or in a food-processor
3. Juice the 1/2 lemon and pour over the chopped mushroom stems
4. Add the breadcrumbs, some freshly ground black pepper and the olive oil
5. Mix well and spread in the centre of the mushrooms
6. Place the mushrooms under the grill to start the cooking process for about 5 minutes
7. In the meantime, grate the parmesan
8. Chop the blue cheese into chunks about 1 cm square
9. Place the cheese, quark and a few drops of water in a small saucepan over low heat
10. Stir at all time with a wooden spoon to combine the blue cheese and quark. The cheese should start melting but it doesn't have to be fully melted before you fill the mushrooms
11. Pour the mix of blue cheese and quark over the mushrooms and sprinkle with the grated parmesan
12. Place the mushrooms back under the grill under the cheese has fully melted and the top is browning. This should take about 5 minutes
13. Whilst the mushroom finish cooking; chop the parsley
14. Remove the mushroom from the grill, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately